Monday, August 29, 2011

Classic Chocolate Chip Cookies

♥ Beginner 


When it dawned on me that I didn't have a classic chocolate chip cookie recipe here on the blog, I knew I had to post one right away. I'm sure most everyone has a favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe, but for me it holds a special place in my heart. I can remember my mom baking cookies in the kitchen when I was just old enough to help her scoop dough onto the cookie sheet. My sister and I had so much fun scooping those lopsided little cookies. I imagine that most people have memories like that in the kitchen. 

This recipe is actually straight out of the Better Homes & Gardens Cookbook, it's the very recipe my own mom has used for years... well, until she discovered the Toll House scoop and bake cookie dough that is...

What you'll need: 

1/2 Cup Shortening
1/2 Cup Butter
1 Cup packed Brown Sugar
1/2 Cup Granulated Sugar
1/2 Teaspoon Baking Soda
1/4 Teaspoon Salt
2 Eggs
1 Teaspoon Vanilla
2 1/2 Cups of All-Purpose Flour
2 Cups Chocolate Chips

How it's done: 

1. Preheat oven to 375*F. 

2. It's very important that your butter is room temperature or your cookies could go flat! Beat in large mixing bowl butter and shortening on high speen for 30 seconds. Add brown sugar, granulated sugar, baking soda, and salt and mix until combined. 

3. Beat in eggs & vanilla until combined (Note: Over-beating your eggs can make your cookies go flat as well, only beat until things are combined from here on out - or hand mix!) 

4. Add in flour and mix until combined.

5. Hand mix chocolate chips into batter. 


6. Drop by the tablespoon onto your non-stick cookie sheet two inches apart. Bake for 8-10 minutes, until edges are brown. Cool on wire rack. 

No comments:

Post a Comment