Thursday, April 28, 2011

Banana Nut Bread

♥ Beginner
I don't have any emotional attachment to Banana Nut Bread like I do so many of my other treats, but it's still worth sharing because it's easy to make comfort food.  It's great because you don't have to be a superstar in the kitchen to make it either! 




You can see that I burnt the edges a smidgen, but it worked out perfectly because that was my husbands favorite part.  I had this goal of getting a picture of it after I sliced a few pieces, but my daughter and husband got a hold of it before I could. 


Before I get to it, I would just like to thank my friends H. Johnson & C. Heugell Futrell for providing me with such a great recipe (incidentally, they sent me the same one!), that I am now sharing with you.  They deserve all the props on this one, it was so simple and tasty I didn't change a thing! 


What you'll need: 
1 C Sugar (I added an extra 1/2 C. because that's how I roll)
1/2 C Butter or Margarine
2 Eggs
1-1/2 cups Mashed Bananas
1/3 C Water

1-2/3 C All-Purpose Flour
1 tsp Baking Soda
1tsp Salt
1/4 tsp Baking Powder
1/2 C Walnuts (optional)



How it's done: 


1. Preheat your oven to 350*F, and grease one large bread pan, or several small bread pans. 


2. Combine all of the wet ingredients and sugar in a large mixing bowl. (Sugar, Butter, Eggs, Bananas, and water) Don't mix too long or you'll overbeat the eggs and it won't rise properly. You'll see that I didn't pre-mash my bananas and that's because my husband likes chunks of bananas, generally yours will looks smooth if you pre-mash.


3. Combine all of the dry ingredients in a separate bowl. (Flour, Baking Soda, Salt, Baking Powder, and Walnuts) 


4. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients folding in or mixing on slow speed. Once they are combined, pour into your greased bread pan. 


5. Bake for 60 minutes (or until top turns brown).  I checked mine at 45 minutes, but it needed just a few minutes over an hour to completely cook through.  All cook times will vary.  



No comments:

Post a Comment