Friday, April 22, 2011

Cookie Pop Treats

♥ Beginner
This week I was wanting to do something special for my nursery kids, but wanted to come up with something a little more creative than just the usual treats.  Since it's easter time, I decided on a special little cookie on a stick for them to enjoy. (And LOTS of frosting!) Somehow I think the parents might enjoy these more than the kids.

I love Easter time, especially all of the joyful colors and beautiful blooms of spring. I've combined them both and made a really great flower cookie that is SUPER EASY to make!!!

What you'll need: 

  • Flower Pan (or any shape you desire!) Mine was an actual cookie pop pan which allowed room for the stick. 
  • Cookie Dough (Box mix is fine - I used Krusteaz Sugar Cookie mix)
  • Sticks 
  • Frosting & Sugars
  • If you're planning on gifting them, you'll need pop bags. 
How it's done: 

1.  It's so easy, you'll be shocked at it's simplicity.  Preheat your oven to the desired temp on your cookie dough mix. Grease cookie pop pan. 

2.  Mix up your cookie dough, and pat it into the pan, leave 1/8 inch above the dough for rising.  Push your stick into the dough and cover it up. 

3.  Bake for amount of time listed on box mix.  I added a few minutes so that the centers were sure to be cooked through. 

4. Remove from oven and let cool in pan for 5-10 minutes before removing. Once cooled, remove from pan and cool completely on wire rack. 

5. DECORATE!!! (That's the best part!) and cover with bags. 

Isn't that shockingly simple??? I'll post pictures of McKinley eating hers in nursery on Easter. I wish I could make enough to share with ALL of you!!!! 

HAPPY EASTER!!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment