Friday, April 1, 2011

Strawberry Cheesecake Cupcakes!

♥ Beginner

Who doesn't love strawberry cheesecake? They're crazy... or allergic to strawberries... if they do.

It's one of my favorite desserts, and mostly because of the creamy texture and sweet taste of the cream cheese, but I couldn't help wondering if it would be as good in cupcake form.

IT IS!!!  You HAVE to try this recipe if you're a fan of strawberry cheesecake.

What you'll need:
For the cupcakes -
  • 1 White Cake Mix
  • 4 Eggs
  • 1/3 Cup Oil
  • 1 Container of strawberries (apx. 3 cups pureed)
  • 1 (3oz) Strawberry Jello-O packet
  • 2 Tablespoons Flour
My awesome friends from church raise
chickens, and they gave me these to try.
They are awesome!!
For the Cream Cheese center -
  • 2 (8oz) containers of Cream Cheese
  • 2 Eggs
  • 1 Cup of Sugar
  • 1 Teaspoon Vanilla
How it's done:

We'll take it easy - in two parts. First, preheat your oven to 350*.

1. Begin by cutting the ends off of the strawberries, and cut them each in half.  If you have a food processor, get it out and ready to puree the strawberries.

2. Mix all of the other ingredients of the cupcakes until well blended.  The batter should be thick, if it's not, you can add more flour. Only mix until blended, if you over blend the eggs your cakes won't rise.

3. Once the batter is mixed, put your strawberries through the food processor and puree. The strawberries should be smooth without any large chunks. (I may be obsessed with my food processor, it's my favorite kitchen tool.)

4. Now add the strawberry puree to your batter, and your batter should be red like the picture above. Set aside.

5. Next we have to make the cupcake filling. Mix all of the ingredients listed above for the Cream Cheese center. It's as easy as just blending!! I did this in my food processor as well. It was pretty simple.


6. Line your muffin pans, and fill 1/3 of the way with the strawberry batter. Top with 1/3 cream cheese mixture, and then top with more batter.

7. Bake for 20 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.

8. Top with your favorite frosting... I prefer the Cream Cheese Frosting - tinted with a little pink food coloring! You could even topped with a strawberry.
McKinley Approves!



4 comments:

  1. YUM!!!! I just got back from the store and didn't pick up strawberries. I think Annie and I may run back out so we can make these tonight. Thanks for sharing the recipe; they look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mindee! The strawberries looked amazing today at the store I hope you're has as good. I think I'm going try something else along the same lines, maybe you'll be able to help with this too... I'm thinking about trying a white cake with sour cream (similar to the dump cake) with a cream cheese frosting center like this one only mixed with the strawberry purée in the middle of the cupcake. I think the sour cream with bring out the flavor in the strawberries. What do you think???

    ReplyDelete
  3. Try a white cake mix, 4 eggs, 1/2 cup oil, 1/2 cup water, 1 cup sour cream. (Is that what you meant? A white cake with a strawberry cream cheese center?) As for the center, maybe try dicing some strawberries, then pouring some sugar and a tablespoon of lemon juice over them; let them sit so some of the juices come out. Pour off the liquid, then use that as your 'center' for the cupcake. (Maybe with the cream cheese...?)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can you make this without strawberries and jello?

    ReplyDelete