Thursday, May 19, 2011

Cheesecake Balls - A twist off of the Cake Ball!

♥♥ Intermediate
We've had endless conversations about Cake Balls, Cake Pops, Cupcakes, etc.  And honestly, I was beginning to feel like cake was getting tiresome, and we needed to try something new and fresh. (As if!)


So last night, I decided to try making cake balls with cheesecake instead, and it was AWESOME! And because I'm the "Queen of Ease" this was actually even easier than if I had made cake balls.  I bought a pre-made cheesecake (so I skipped the entire step of making it myself), and we were good to go in about 30 minutes!


If you love cheesecake, like I do, you'll LOVE these little bites!


What you'll need: 

  • 1 Cheesecake (Already made!) 
  • 4 Graham Crackers
  • 1 Bag of Candy Melts (I chose milk chocolate, but any would work) 
  • Extra: I also used red candy melts for the design, but you can use any color you want or none at all.  You could also use sprinkles, etc. 

How it's done: 


1. Get your pre-made cheesecake ready (I cheated and brought one home from the freezer section of the grocery store, sshhh don't tell.) Mine was a small cheesecake - serving 8 people - and it made about 4 dozen balls.  


2. Crush your graham crackers.  Place them in a ziplock bag, and then smash them with the back of a large spoon.  Pour them into a small bowl. 


3. Scoop out cheesecake with your cookie dough baller, and then roll slightly in your palms. Drop them into your graham cracker crumbs and roll. 


4. Place the balls onto a wax paper lined cookie sheet.  Stick them in the freezer for 20 minutes to harden. 


5. Just before your balls are ready to come out of the freezer, melt your candy melts (not your decorative candy melts)  Place them in a tall narrow container to dip your balls in, and melt usually 30 seconds at a time. 


6. Take balls out of the freezer, and dip them carefully in the chocolate.  Place them on another lined cookie sheet to harden. (Only take about 1 minute) 


7. Once all of your balls are covered in chocolate, you can now decorate any way that you would like.  I chose the melt some red candy melts, and drizzle them over the balls.  **Melt them in a small bowl, then pour them into a ziplock bag and cut a small corner of the bag off to drizzle. 


I couldn't resist!! 
ENJOY!  They are fabulous if you ask me! I packaged them up and gave them to friends and colleagues.  They make wonderful gifts (because no one can figure out how they are made, nor do they look easy) so your friends will thank you! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment