Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Chinese Plum Salad Dressing

Beginner 



In the hunt to make the best Chinese Chicken Salad ever, I knew I would have to make my own dressing. Especially since there were no dressings at the store labeled "Chinese Plum". I found a recipe, and tried it out. With a few tweaks to the recipe, it was just how I like it! I'm sure you'll love it too.



What you'll need: 

  • 2 oz. chunk of Ginger Root (or I used 2 Tablespoons, add more to taste) 
  • 1/3 Cup Sugar
  • 1/3 Cup Rice Vinegar
  • 1 Tablespoon + 1 Teaspoon Sesame Oil
  • 1 Tablespoon Soy Sauce
  • 1 Tablespoon Plum Sauce
  • 2 Tablespoons Water
  • Pinch of White Pepper
  • 2 Tablespoons crushed Peanuts

How it's done: 

1. You can use a Braun mixer, or food processor. I used the food processor so I didn't have to chop the ginger finely by hand. Which ever way you chose, peel and grind the ginger root finely.

2. Combine the vinegar and sugar in a small pot and bring to a boil, uncovered. Boil for one minute. Add the ginger and boil for one more minute. Take off the heat and pour into the food processor.

2. In the processor, mix all of the ingredients until combined. You should have about 3/4 of a cup.

This dressing is perfect for most types of salads, as well as dipping sauce. We used it for chicken finger dip today and it was great!

No comments:

Post a Comment