Friday, July 1, 2011

Pluot & Cream Cheese Tart

Beginner
Do you have any idea what a Pluot is? I didn't. It showed up in my Green B.E.A.N. Delivery this week, and honestly I was a little scared of it.  So, I googled it.

A Pluot is a hybrid fruit of a Plum and an Apricot. They are sweet and sour all at once, and honestly if you love plums then you'll love the Pluot. I went to slice them for this tart, and once I tasted them I couldn't stop eating them. They are pretty tasty for being a fruit I had never heard of before! And their color is beautiful too, once you cut into them you just have to taste it.

What you'll need:

  • 3-4 Pluots
  • 1 Sheet of Puff Pastry
  • 8 oz. of Cream Cheese
  • 1 Cup Sugar
  • 2 Eggs

How it's done:

1. Preheat oven to 375*F.

2. After defrosting your puff pastry, cut off 1/3 of the sheet making it a rectangle. Place on baking sheet. Slice all of your Pluots into thin slices.

3. Combine in mixing bowl the Cream Cheese, ONE Egg, and 1/2 Cup Sugar until well blended.

4. Spread the cream cheese mixture onto the puff pastry, leaving a one inch border all the way around.

5. Lay all of your Pluot Slices on top of the cream cheese, layering as lightly or heavily as you would like.



6. Fold up the sides of the puff pastry, and pinch the corners to keep it closed. Take the other egg, and beat lightly and brush onto the tart. Sprinkle with remaining sugar.

7. Put into the oven for 30-40 Minutes or until puff pastry is golden brown.

Enjoy! (This is great for breakfast or dessert!)

No comments:

Post a Comment