Sunday, April 1, 2012

Pink Lemonade Cookies

♥ Beginner

A week or so ago, my dad was just RAVING about these cookies that he had made. He made me eat a few of them (yea, force-fed them to me, if you believe that) and agree that they were pretty good. Not gonna lie, they actually were pretty awesome. The hang up? They were box mix cookies! Thanks a lot Pillsbury.  

I know what you're thinking. "Since when do YOU care if something comes out of a box?" Well, I had one of those moments last weeks that changes your mindset on WASTE. The hubs lost his job, and I had to come to the realization that my baking desires take a back seat to diapers, wipes, and actual food. Go figure. (By the way, be prepared for situations like these by building your food storage now.) Anyhow, I knew I couldn't be wasting our precious money on box mixes for cookies, so I had to come up with an alternative. Surely I had enough ingredients from scratch at home that I could duplicate these little lemony angels. 

And so you have it. A Pink Lemonade Cookie from scratch. You're welcome. (Don't judge my one and only photo, they were eaten before I could get any really good ones. Besides, it's the flavor that counts, right?) 

What you'll need:

* 1 Cup Butter, Softened
* 1 Cup Sugar
* 1/2 Cup Powdered Sweetened Pink Lemonade Mix (or regular sweetened lemonade powder - you can add pink coloring later) 
* 1 Egg
* 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
* 1/2 Teaspoon Lemon Extract (or lemon juice)
* 3 Cups Flour
* 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda

How it's done: 

1. Preheat oven to 350*F and grease a cookie sheet. 

2. In a large mixing bowl, or KitchenAid,  cream butter, sugar, and lemonade mix until fluffy. 

3. Beat in egg, vanilla, and lemon extracts. 

4. Add dry ingredients to the batter, beating until thoroughly combined. 

5. Roll dough into 1 inch balls, and roll in sugar. Place them 2 inches apart on the cookie sheet, and bake for 10-12 minutes (or until edges start to brown). 

ENJOY! 

No comments:

Post a Comment