Sunday, April 1, 2012

Pulled Buffalo Chicken Sliders

♥ Beginner

First off, this recipe is amazing. It's amazing for more than one reason. It's a slow cooker meal, it's super easy, and tastes so good you'll make extra just to have left overs.  It's perfect for conference weekend too.

Secondly, I stole this out of a magazine at my OB's office when I was in for a visit. By stole, I mean I snapped this pic of the recipe. I would disclose what magazine I stole it from, but I really have no idea. Just consider this, an 8 month pregnant woman comes across a recipe in a magazine and thinks it looks good... you're not going to be questioning the source, you're just going to start gathering ingredients.

This truly has become one of our easy go-to-meals around our house. I'm sure you'll enjoy it as much as we have. In full disclosure: you need a few hours in the crockpot! 


What you'll need: 

* 4 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts, about 1 1/2 lbs.
* 1/4 Cup hot wing sauce (such as Franks), plus more for serving (optional) - our family suggests Franks!
* 2/3 Cup of Water
* 16 Dinner-Size potato rolls
* 1 Cup Blue Cheese Dressing (we prefer the chunky kind!)
* Celery/Carrot sticks optional as a side dish!

How it's done: 

1. Coat slow cooker bowl with nonstick cooking spray. Place chicken breasts in a single layer in bottom; combine hot sauce with water; pour over chicken. (For a hotter sauce, which my hubs prefers, omit water.)

2. Cover and cook on HIGH for 6 hours or LOW for 8 hours. Remove chicken to a cutting board and shred with two forks. Return to slow cooker and stir to coat with sauce.

3. To serve, place shredded chicken on bottom halves of rolls and top each with 1 Tablespoon of dressing. If desired, serve with celery/carrot sticks and additional hot sauce.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. I opened up my Family Circle magazine today to the food section, and I found this recipe staring right back at me. So there you go--disclose away. :) I love easy, yummy meals like this!

    ReplyDelete