Monday, February 10, 2014

Bourbon Chicken

♥ Beginner

There's this Asian fast food place in the mall that I've loved ever since I was a kid. I hardly ever go to that mall anymore, but whenever I do, I make sure to stop and get a free sample of the Bourbon Chicken. Now that our family is getting serious about eliminating food-dyes and preservatives, we're learning how to make much more of the food that we love at home. Bourbon Chicken being no exception. 

I'm not going to lie to you, when I read the ingredients list I thought to myself 'no way this tastes good'. I'm glad we made it anyway, because strangely enough it's delicious. Dare I say, even better than my fast food joint at the mall? Try it for yourself, this was a big winner at our house. 

What you'll need: 

2 Lbs. Boneless Chicken Breast, cut into bite size pieces
1 Tbsp. Olive Oil
1 Garlic Clove, Minced
1/4 tsp. Ginger
1/4 C. Apple Juice
1/3 C. Light Brown Sugar
2 Tbsp . Ketchup
1 Tbsp. Apple Cider Vinegar
1/2 C. Water
1 Tbsp. Cornstarch. 

How it's done: 

1. In a large skillet, brown all of your cut-up chicken breast. While the chicken is browning, combine all of the remaining ingredients in a mixing bowl. 

2. Once the chicken has browned, remove it from the pan and set it aside. Pour sauce mixture into the skillet and bring to a rapid boil. Let boil for 2 minutes, and then add chicken back to the skillet. Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes, uncovered. 

Serve over hot rice, and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment