Monday, February 10, 2014

Broiled Tilapia with Parmesan and Herb

♥ Beginner

We have never been "fish people" in this house. Sadly, I think it's mostly my fault. I would much prefer to cook with chicken over any other protein. Funny thing is, I can't resist a good meal that includes cheese. That's a fact. So when I saw this Tilapia recipe on the Whole Foods website, I knew I had to try it.

The first time I made it, I only made two fillets (thinking that the kids wouldn't eat it). To my surprise, they each had a few bites of ours and loved it. After that, I've made three fillet's and let the kids share one. It's a great family dinner, and super healthy (if you can get past all of the cheese....).

Let me know what you think of it too!

What you'll need: 

1/2 C. Freshly Grated Parmesan Cheese, divided
2 Tbsp. Mayonnaise
2 Tbsp. Sour Cream (Or greek yogurt)
2 Tbsp. Melted Butter
2 Tbsp. Lemon Juice
1/2 tsp. Basil
1/2 tsp. Terragon
1/8 tsp. Onion Powder (I sub. for Garlic Powder... yummo!)
Sea Salt & Black Pepper to taste.
4 Tilapia Fillets (6-8 oz. each)

How it's done:

1. Combine 1/4 C. Parmesan and all remaining ingredients (except fish) in a bowl. Place fillets in a shallow baking dish or broiler pan. cover fillets in the mixture and let marinate for 15-20 minutes.

2. Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan, and place in broiler (approximately 5" from broiler). Broil for 5-8 minutes until fish is white and flaky. I like to lift the fish up with a spatula to check the bottom for pinkness.

We like to serve the fish with steamed veggies or a salad. Enjoy!

Adapted from the whole foods recipe, here. 


No comments:

Post a Comment