Sunday, March 20, 2011

Basic Buttercream Frosting

♥ Beginner


I love a good Buttercream Frosting... I am a believer in basics, and for me it's either a Buttercream Frosting or a Cream Cheese Frosting.  I'll rarely venture out to the French Creme or pastry frostings unless I think it's absolutely neccessary.  Since I do usually stick to the same-ol frosting, I like to flavor them with extracts and real fruits.  Here's a basic Buttercream Frosting recipe for you to enjoy and experiment with... let me know if you come up with anything great!


What you'll need:

  • 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
  • 3 Teaspoons of Milk (Vitamin D or whipping cream depending on desired consistency)
  • 1/2 Cup Softened Butter
  • 4 C. Confectioners Sugar, Sifted
How to do it:

1. Cream butter on Medium-Low speed in mixer.

2. Add Milk and vanilla extract to creamed butter.

3. Slowly add sifted sugar 1/2 C. at a time until you reach desired consistency.  For piping consistency, you'll add more sugar, and for speading consistency you'll need to add more milk.


Strawberry Buttercream Frosting
** To experiment with other flavored extracts, just substitute the vanilla extract for your flavoring or fruit juice!

No comments:

Post a Comment