Monday, March 21, 2011

Double Chocolate Cupcakes

♥ Beginner
I have to give credit where credit is due, and honestly I would never have made my own cupcake batter if it weren't for my husband.  I usually just stick with the box mixes (especially when it comes to Chocolate) but he suggested that I make my own for once so I tried it.  It really is better homemade if you have the time.  So, there you go he gets credit for this one.

I also should thank good ol' Wilton too, since this was their recipe adapted.  Isn't that nice of them to supply me with something I could make my own?  Just for the record, their recipe is here.

What you'll need:
  • 2 1/4 C All-purpose flour
  • 1 Teaspoon baking powder
  • 1 Teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 Teaspoon salt
  • 3/4 C Butter or margarine room temperature
  • 2 C Sugar
  • 3 Eggs
  • 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
  • 1 1/2 C Milk
  • 3 Ounces Unsweetened Chocolate, melted
  • 3 Tablespoons Hersheys Chocolate Syrup


How it's done:

1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Put liners into the pan.

2. Combine flour, baking powder, soda and salt. Set aside.

3. In large bowl, cream butter and sugar with electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, and vanilla; medium speed only until mixed (over beating will cause your cupcakes to not rise).

4. Add flour mixture to creamed mixture alternately with milk, beating well after each addition. Add melted chocolate, and Hershey Syrup, and beat thoroughly.

5. Pour into prepared pan. Bake 18-23 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean. Remove from pan immediately to wire rack.  Cool completely before decorating.

6. Top with a nice Buttercream Frosting or Cream Cheese Frosting.

No comments:

Post a Comment