Sunday, March 2, 2014

Baked Sweet Potato Fries




♥ Beginner

I LOVE sweet potato fries. Seriously, I love them. If I have the opportunity to substitute regular french fries out for them, I will, no questions asked. So when I started cooking more at home, and I realized just how easy they were to make, I felt like a dummy for always thinking that I had to go out to get them. It's funny how we get like that, isn't it?

Anyhow, it's super easy, and they taste great. The kids went nuts over them, and since they're baked instead of fried I'm telling myself that they are "healthy".

What you'll need:
3 Medium Sweet Potatoes, Peeled and sliced into french fries (I suggest using a mandolin for the slicing, it was SOOO easy)
Olive Oil for tossing
Salt & Pepper to taste

How it's done: 
1. Preheat your oven to 450*F. Line a baking sheet (or two) with parchment paper.
2. Toss fries in a bowl with just enough olive oil to coat. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
3. Lay fries out on the baking sheet, be sure they don't touch each other if you like them crispy.
4. Bake for 30 minutes, turning them over at 15 minutes.

** One of the great things about this recipe is that you can sub out the salt and pepper for nearly any seasoning or spice that you would like. Cinnamon, Sugar, Paprika, Seasoning, Kosher Salt... Get creative!



No comments:

Post a Comment