Sunday, March 2, 2014

Chicken & Asparagus Pasta with Lemon Cream Sauce

♥ Beginner

I've been CRAVING summer. I need some sunshine, a little sand between my toes, fun at the splash park, and maybe even a road trip or two. I need it. My body may start shutting down if this winter continues on much longer. I mean, snow on March 2nd? It feels like some sort of cruel punishment. I am clinically coming down with SAD (Seasonal Affected Disorder), and it's sad. <-- Haha, get it? This is NOT a laughing matter.

When I came across a Pin on Pinterest that made my heart leap, because it made me sense that summer was around the corner I just HAD to give it a try. It turned out pretty well, and I think it shelved my SAD, if just for a night.

What you'll need: 
1 Lb. Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast
8 oz. uncooked Rotini Pasta
1/2 Lb. Asparagus, Chopped into 1.5" lengths (I used 3/4lb.)
1 C. frozen Peas
1/2 Tbsp. Garlic, minced
1 C. Chicken Broth
1 tsp. Cornstarch
1/3 C. Heavy Cream
2 Tbsp. Lemon Juice
1/2 tsp. Salt

How it's done: 
1. Preheat your oven to 350*F. Trim your chicken (cut it in half so that it's thinner), and bake it for 20 minutes, flipping once. Baking until the juices run clear. Cover with foil and set it aside. Slice when you have a spare minute.
2. Cook pasta according to package directions, being sure to NOT add salt or oil. While pasta is cooking, cut up your asparagus, and add it to your pasta for the last 4 minutes of cooking.
3. Place your peas in a colander, and drain your pasta over the peas. Set it all aside.
4. In a skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat and add garlic. Saute for 1 minute. Combine chicken broth and cornstarch in a small bowl, stirring well. Add broth mixture to the skillet, and bring to a boil. Cook for 2 minutes, or until thick.
5. Remove the skillet from the heat and add Cream, Juice, and Salt. Add Pasta mixture to the skillet, and  chicken.


Just in case you're curious about the original pinterest pin, here it is.



No comments:

Post a Comment